Maharishi University of Management has recently added online courses to its repertoire. Starting August 2nd, 2012, distance learners can take a course titled “Vedic Green: Building Your Maharishi Vastu Home and Community.” Maharishi Vastu
According to vastu design experts, Maharishi Vastu architecture connects individual intelligence with cosmic intelligence, bringing nourishing influences to your home, your workplace, or your entire community. Maharishi Vastu architecture is also referred to as Maharishi Sthapatya Veda (sanskrit for “establishing knowledge)” and Vedic architecture.
This Vastu course will give you the knowledge necessary to plan and undertake community projects along with practical information to help you build a Maharishi Vastu home. This is a unique opportunity for everyone interested in Maharishi Vastu knowledge to gain, in compact sessions, some of the applied knowledge of Maharishi Vedic® architecture.
Topics to be covered include:
- The theory and practice of Maharishi Vastu design—its origins and evolution
- Building with natural, non-toxic materials, using the latest green technologies
- Introduction to Building Biology, practical measures to avoid electro-smog(EMF)
- How to evaluate a site from satellite maps
- Vedic Garden Cities, Peace Colonies; ownership strategies, promotion and financing
- Sustainable Vedic Organic gardens—from planning to execution
- Turnkey homes and the Master Builder system in action
- Pictorial examples and homeowners’ experiences from around the world—houses, offices, and communities
- Reports on projects from different countries and advice from successful Vastu developers
This course is presented online and combines live presentations/ discussions along with pre-recorded materials from previous conferences and seminars held in the US and Europe. Also included are talks and documentaries from 15 of the world’s leading experts in Maharishi Vastu architecture and planning. Live sessions will be recorded so that they may be viewed and reviewed at the student’s convenience.
Learn more about the class and curriculum, here.
|Anna Bruen is a MUM alumna who graduated with a degree in Sustainable Living. Anna is the resident blogger here at MUM. To learn more about Anna take a look at her introduction post.|