Maharishi University of Management offers a few select classes as Distance Education courses. Using an internet-based interactive course management system, students can submit their homework, complete self-evaluation forms, ask questions and receive feedback from professors, and take exams – all from the comfort of their own home.
Current courses being offered:
- Physics and Cosmology taught by John Hagelin, Ph.D
- Maharishi Yoga Asanas taught by Paul Morehead, Ph.D
- Self-Pulse Reading taught by Paul Morehead, Ph.D
- Buddhism taught by Evan Finkelstein, Ph.D
Courses are available to the general public either for credit or non-credit.
- video lectures by Maharishi University of Management professors
- talks by the founder of the school, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- video conferences with faculty members
The Distance Education program began last December with Self-Pulse taught by Paul Morehead. The launching of the program coincided with Perry Bedinger joining MUM as Associate Dean of Distance Education. Previously, Mr. Bedinger was the Director of International Accounts and Distribution at Harvard Business Publishing. He promoted online management and development programs, and other distance education courses.
Future plans for the Distance Education program includes offering a Masters of Science in Integrative Medicine for licensed health-care practitioners. Stay tuned….
|Anna Bruen is a MUM alumnus who graduated with a degree in Sustainable Living. Anna is the resident blogger here at MUM. To learn more about Anna take a look at her introduction post.|