The Maharishi College of Perfect Health at Maharishi University of Management is offering a new program to train and certify Maharishi Ayruveda Wellness Consultants. Graduates of the program will be able to consult professionally and help their clients, family, and friends to help improve upon their health and wellness through Maharishi Ayurveda.
The course does not require previous training in Maharishi Ayurveda. If you fall into one of the following three categories, you might want to consider taking the course:
- Licensed health professionals, including nurses, physical therapists, massage therapists, etc.
- Non-licensed health professionals, including yoga therapists, fitness trainers, and other wellness practitioners.
- Non-professionals with a background and interest in health who would like to deepen their knowledge of Maharishi Ayurveda
This training course is taught in five 3-day weekend modules of 21 hours per module. The first module will be offered October 28–31, 2011. There is still time to register.
Each module will be taught at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, with sessions beginning on Friday evening and concluding Monday at 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time. Course participants do not need to enroll as Maharishi University of Management (MUM) students and have the option of attending the sessions live at MUM or at a distance by interactive web-conference.
The certification course will cover the following topics, and many more. To see a complete list of topics and course faculty, click here.
- Overview of Maharishi Ayurveda: history, scope, research, clinical experience
- Understanding the Role of Consciousness and the Mind-Body Interface
- Understanding Prakriti: Individual Constitution / Mind-Body Type
- Dravya Guna Shastra: Principles and Applications of Ayurvedic Herbology
- Therapeutic Applications of Aromatherapy and Spices
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Diagnosis
- Assessing Balance and Imbalance through the Pulse: Training in Maharishi Ayurveda Pulse Reading
- Health applications of Maharishi Yoga Asanas, Vedic sound therapies (including Maharishi Vedic Vibration Technology)
- Clinical exercises and case workshops
- Setting up shop: How to successfully obtain and retain clients and promote your services
- Interfacing with Modern Medicine
To learn more about the scope of the program and to watch an introductory webinar, click here.
|Anna Bruen is a MUM alumnus who graduated with a degree in Sustainable Living. Anna is the resident blogger here at MUM. To learn more about Anna take a look at her introduction post.|